November 18, 2019
Happy November! We’ve been very busy at Dresner Advisory Services, and here is a recap of our activity.
Recent and Upcoming Research
Wisdom of Crowds Market Research Reports
We published the 5th annual IoT Intelligence Market Study at the end of October. The study reviews end user interest in and demand for business intelligence (BI) in an IoT world and examines key related technologies including location intelligence, data preparation, cloud computing, data science and machine learning, and big data analytics. It was covered in several news outlets, including Forbes.
For those with external distribution rights, remember that you can create summaries of the report to distribute, as well as excerpt content to incorporate in your slides, collateral, or blog posts. Let me know if you have any questions.
The analyst team is working on the Embedded BI Market Study, which will be published at the end of the month. We’ll be rounding out the 2019 publication calendar with Big Data Analytics, to be published in December before the holiday break.
We published a new Research Insight examining enterprise performance management market dynamics. The next Research Insight is currently in the editing stage and will focus on the top challenges to BI success.
Research Insights are based on data collected from multiple sources, including our bi-annual survey process, the weekly tweet chat, and industry conferences and events. They are provided as part of your annual subscription for internal use; if you would like to distribute any of these you may apply your subscription units.
If you’ve missed any of the previous titles, here is the complete catalog:
- Understanding Market Dynamics Enables More Effective EPM Investments
- Why You’re Hearing Less About Big Data
- Many Factors Drive Analytical Data Infrastructure (ADI) Plans and Decisions
- Understanding ERP Adoption Enables Success
- Sales Planning, An Increasingly Critical Tool for Business Success
- Governance Resonates with Users and Improves BI
- Understanding ERP Strategy is Key to Success When Sourcing BI and Analytics
- Navigating and Thriving in a Quickly Evolving BI Software Landscape
- Making Optimal Data-Driven Decisions – Eliminating the Barriers at Your Company
- Adopting Performance Management Can Improve BI Outcomes
- Sentiment Continues to Climb Among Users as BI Tools Migrate to Cloud
- For SMEs, Alignment with BI will Make Enterprise Planning More Successful
- Introducing and Benchmarking Against the Business Intelligence Value Index®
- Best Practices in the Business Intelligence Value Index®
- What’s Driving the Resurgence in the Strategic Importance of Self-Service BI?
- Effectiveness and Value of Data and Analytics Leadership
- Introducing the Business Intelligence Success Index®
- Leverage Cloud BI Experience for Success with Enterprise Planning
Real BI 2020: May 5-6, MIT Campus, Cambridge MA
We continue to expand on our fourth annual Real Business Intelligence Conference, and have recently added Cole Knaflic, CEO of Storytelling with Data, to the agenda.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Chief Data Scientist at Booz Allen
- MIT professor Dr. Erik Brynjolfsson;
- Alberto Cairo, professor of visual journalist at the University of Miami School of Communication;
- Astronaut Dr. Story Musgrave;
- Gebhard Rainer, CEO of Sandals;
- Robin Washington, Executive Vice President and CFO of Gilead Life Sciences
- Dr. Gary Urton, Archeology Professor at Harvard University.
Registration is open, and we will officially launch the conference after the Thanksgiving holiday. If you have questions about the agenda or sponsorship opportunities, please let us know and we can arrange a short call to discuss.
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. We appreciate your ongoing support!
Best regards, Danielle